Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This....

Sometimes it's so hard to be a mom, ya know? If you have kids, then you definitely know! My kids are 3 and 18 months. Caedmon is at that age where he can pretty much communicate what he wants but gets frustrated very easily because he's still not big enough to do what he wants. Cambree is at that age....well, her dad calls her "devil child." :) The other morning, we woke up to find both kids soaking wet, Cambree's bottle in the toilet, the bathroom flooded, the kitchen cabinets emptied, and yeast dumped into our fishbowl (poor Nemo!) Days like that are hard. But today, I heard a country song by Trace Adkins on the radio and it really made me sit back and think...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast

These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

I AM gonna miss this! So the next time Cambree takes a one hour nap or Caedmon flushes a pop tart, I will be singing this song!!

2 comments:

Tama said...

Amen!

Amber G. said...

HA!! The reason I am laughing so hard on my side of the screen is because I KNOW!!!! I have a 3 and a 20 month old... we call it the tornado effect. How can two little people POSSIBLY CAUSE SO MUCH DESTRUCTION????? It's like an anomaly of nature!!!!

I can't imagine being pregnant, sick AND trying to keep up with two little ones. My hat's off to you!

Love,
Amber