Friday, February 22, 2008

Zambia Orphanage Update

I know some of my blog friends have been wondering where we are in plans for the Zambian Orphanage! Things are still moving along, but very slowly. We have contacted a lawyer who will set us up as a non-profit organization and file all the paperwork we need so that people can give us tax-exempt donations. This process can take up to 6 months, so we realized that we really needed to get started on it! Once we are set up as a non-profit, we will set up a website and our plans will move along rather quickly.

On a personal level, many of you know I am the queen of lists. I already have very detailed lists of what we are selling, what we are crating, donations of things for the orphanage, things we are buying, homeschool curriculum for my kids (who are currently 2 and 1.. :) So I am busy working on it, but it's all still a ways away--tentative moving date to Zambia is still January 2009!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm gonna miss you so much

Brandi said...

I don't care if it's a year away! I'm still excited NOW!!! I want to read your lists and talk about it everyday! SO, if you get in the mood to talk about Zambia, feel free to call!

Love ya
Bran
PS I better go "click" ya!

Brandi said...

By clicking on posts, I was able to do 16 clicks on 16 different ads! I looked for posts with interesting names. "chicken killer" brought me security ads, "Sophia" brought me pregnancy? ads and "Zambia" brought me African ones! Too fun!

Hope you made some dough too!
Bran

Becky said...

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering!!
:o) I smiled that you added me to your sites!
Happy Saturday!

Brian and Kelly Jo Kallevig said...

Still wondering if you have chosen a location yet???

Brandi said...

Ok, I could only find 4 new ads tonight! Hey, at least it's something! I'm being VERY careful about not "double clicking" on ads!

Love ya,
Brandi
PS I saw a Hippo today and thought of you. . even took a pic to send you!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Joe asked if you will building your own facility or renting one and will you live on the premises? I guess we are asking because my plan is to VISIT!! (Sorry, can't do a mud hut)

Cece

missy said...

Hey, be sure to let us know about things we can start collecting for you to take.

Wow, that Brandi girl seems to be stalking you. 3 comments on one post. I didn't see that on her weird list :o)