Monday, February 18, 2008

Tagged!

So I was tagged by my blog friend Charity (2 weeks ago--oops!) to list 5 weird things about me. I could list way more than that, but here's my 5.

1) I am completely obsessed with calendars and the passage of time. I have calendars all over my house, and I can't wait until the last evening of the month, when I change them all. Sometimes I try to make it to the actual 1st of the month before changing them, but I can't. I have a wooden day calendar in my kitchen, and the first thing I do each morning is change it. When we go on vacation, the last thing I do before I leave is change my wooden calendar to the day we get back, so that when I get home I will see it on the right day. I also have calendars in my head. I can tell you what day March 27 of this year is on, etc. (Yes, I am VERY OCD)

2) I work in our garage doing construction with Blu (we build theater doors and windows for high schools in Texas), and I am a pro at operating a planer, miter saw, and radial arm saw. I know that's just weird!

3) I hate brushing my teeth. It's the worst part of the morning. It's just so time-consuming and such a pain overall! Whenever I finish each morning (and YES I do it every morning), I smile at myself in the mirror with relief that I made it another day...

4) I'm deathly afraid of hippos. See previous post. Is that weird?

5) I've been told this is weird, though I find it quite normal and it keeps me sane. Every week, I take a different cookbook and plan out the week in meals. I then go to the store once a week to buy what I need for that week's meals. I rarely cook the same thing twice--my husband never knows what we'll be eating. I LOVE crock pot meals, because I really hate to cook! But yeah, the planning out of the meals by the week, people think I'm crazy for that!

Ok, not sure who's been tagged and who hasn't, but I tag Rachel, CeCe, and Tama (since she hasn't blogged in forever!) So come on girls, let's hear your 5 weird things!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

You are too funny! Yes, the calendar thing is definitely OCD and weird! Especially from a girl moving to Africa. . .not so much a time centered culture!

Love ya,
Bran
PS I was also giving you "click love" while I'm here! 4 to be exact!

Brandi said...

nothing else to say. . just came back for a few "clicks" for ya! Are you making much?

Bran

Anonymous said...

Ok, do you remember when we taught together and told each other that we have the SAME OCD thing with the calendar. Your meanest threat was to write on my calendar?? Hee Hee.

CeCe

Donna Barber said...

jeeze- I need to learn from you. I have good intentions with planning and shopping but hate the shopping so end up winging it for meals. And I have 8 kids at home. I think I might gets this down once the last kids leaves home.

Amber G. said...

Okay, I am waayyyy late on this comment, but I had to leave one. Loved your list...

The calendar thing -- definitely weird!! :)

The construction thing is great... I jump in and help Peter at the shop when we're booked with jobs... I love working with wood. He has some super-fancy power tools that are REALLY fun to mess around with!!

Hmmmm, let's see... I'm the same way with brushing my teeth (but I am a no-makeup, fall-asleep-on-the-couch-without-washing-my face kind of girl...)

The hippo thing is understandable and the cookbook/meal planning is just waayyyy admirable.

So, I guess after de-constructing your list I have to say that you aren't quite so weird after all. (And I actually think you're even cooler now that I know you use power tools, too! :0)

Amber
P.S.
I said a prayer for the little girl in your most recent post. Thanks for passing on the request. How are things going with the plans for the orphanage and the move back to Zambia?? I have been very curious about it. Post an update when you can.