Monday, September 9, 2013

Love me some West Texas!

Yes, I do realize that every 2 years you have to read about how I love West Texas, oil wells, the smell, friendly waves, pick up trucks, cotton fields, and flat land as far as you can see.... :) We enjoyed our weekend in Welch/Lamesa, Texas with our great friends the Phipps family. Whitney & I have been best friends since we were 9, so going there really feels like going home!

After our 4 hour drive, the kids were ready to get out of the car and exited to see this new playscape!

Ben grilling us some good burgers!

Quite possibly the best dessert I have ever eaten - Robbie's Reese's peanut butter brownies!

Andrew & Christen

Me & my other mom, Robbo! It was so funny to hear Cason call her "Wobbo!" :)

The New Day Orphanage board at Second Baptist Church in Lamesa

My 2 surrogate grandfathers growing up - Pa & Papaw!

Cambree got the camera while we were speaking & took tons of pictures of us!! :)

Heading out!

It is always fun to share what is happening at New Day! On Sunday night, the group of 43 people at the church gave a $1470 love offering to the orphanage! We were so blessed! In other news from Zambia, they told us today that the headman's wife just died! Her husband died just 2 weeks ago! Please lift up this family in prayer!

No comments: