Sunday, November 25, 2012

P90X Results!

Blu & I (and Wes & Laurie) started P90X back in August, and we finished up this week! I wanted to share our results and give a little P90x review! Blu's body changed really fast, and he is pretty ripped, especially through his upper back! My results were slow in coming - I saw most of them during Days 45-65. I will admit that we fizzled out a lot this past month, only doing Legs & Back maybe 2 times and only doing Ab Ripper twice a week. I'm sure we would have seen more results if we had stayed strong to the end! All in all, it's a great program and we DID see results! However, this program is for someone who is already fairly fit. It is a strength building program, not a weight loss program. You can see that by our results - not too many changes in weight or inches but huge changes on the fitness test. My favorite days were Yoga, Ab Ripper, and Kenpo. Blu's favorite was Chest/Back. I was proud of him for sticking with yoga - he is so much more flexible now! I will say that anyone with bad joints or previous injuries should be REALLY careful doing some of the workouts. Both Laurie & I hurt our knees doing Plyometrics, and I had to be REALLY careful doing Yoga or I would have terrible neck aches the next day! As far as nutrition, we didn't follow the plan much at all. However, I did stop eating desserts last April, and I quit drinking sodas. Blu ate whatever he wanted the entire 90 days (in huge quantities!!) I also started tracking all of my food on Sparkpeople.com and that keeps me very accountable. The biggest change in my life the past 90 days, however, was that Blu only agreed to do this with me if we did it at 5:30am, and I am NOT a morning person!! Ok, now for our results! Measurements Darbi (didn't weigh myself, but I probably lost 3-5 pounds) Lost 1 1/2 inches in waist Lost 1 inch in hips Blu (not sure on weight) Gained 1/2 inch in chest Gained 1/2 inch in biceps (I was surprised Blu's measurements didn't show more because I can definitely see a huge change in muscle!) Fitness Test Pullups Darbi Day 1 = hanging only Darbi Day 90 = 1/2 pullup Blu Day 1 = 5 chinups Blu Day 90 = 10 chinups Vertical Leap Darbi Day 1 = 10 inches Darbi Day 90 = 12 inches Blu Day 1 = 18 inches Blu Day 90 = 23 inches Pushups Darbi Day 1 = 10 pushups (guy pushups) Darbi Day 90 = 15 pushups Blu Day 1 = 31 pushups Blu Day 90 = 43 pushups Toe Touch Darbi Day 1 = +5 inches past feet Darbi Day 90 = +7 inches past feet Blu Day 1 = -7 inches to feet Blu Day 90 = -2 inches to feet (yoga baby!) Wall Squat Darbi Day 1 = 54 seconds Darbi Day 90 = 44 seconds (ugh) Blu Day 1 = 1 min, 8 seconds Blu Day 90 = 2 min, 5 seconds In & Outs (Abs) Darbi Day 1 = 25 Darbi Day 90 = 70 Blu Day 1 = 27 Blu Day 90 = 50 These pictures show my best results, and since it's my blog I reserve the right to post only my best pictures ;)
I've heard P90x should be called P120x or P150x for women, because it takes longer for them to see results, so since we took most of last week off, we are starting Round Two tomorrow!

No comments: