Sunday, September 9, 2012

Aunt Gin

My aunt passed away this morning at 12:17am Texas time. She leaves behind two children, Stacey in Michigan, and Shanna in El Paso, and two grandchildren, Alexander and Stacey II. She also leaves behind her 3 brothers, Charlie, Ron (my dad), & James, and 1 sister, Kay, and 15 nieces and nephews. Aunt Ginny taught me how to drive a standard, (yelling when I repeatedly knocked her big tea cup into her lap), came to my piano recitals, taught me the song American Pie, played countless games of cards with me, checked my blog every day, made all of the flowers for my wedding, brought my kids jelly beans, and...most recently, told me how proud she was of what we were doing at New Day. And, (she would know if I left this out), she witnessed the single most embarrassing experience of my life in 7th grade. And videotaped it. And reminded me constantly of this videotape. :) Our family appreciates your prayers as her death was sudden and unexpected. My dad will be preaching her funeral. Thanks for praying.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Saw this on the Kimbrough blog this morning...so sorry for y'alls loss. Will be praying for your family and especially for those of you in Zambia who can't be there but SURELY wish you could! Blessings! On another note, unless something happens, I'll be able to see the Wilcoxes when they are at FBC, Liberty TX in October, so excited to learn more first hand about your ministry at New Day!!