Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pre-Game Festivities!

First of all, I must commend myself for my dedication to the many readers who told me "I check your blog every day!" Because I have been sitting here for an hour and a half uploading these pictures! :) Today Zambia is playing Ivory Coast in the Africa Cup. (soccer in case you are clueless...like I was until last week...) It's a big deal around here so we decided to show the game on a big screen. Of course, we were told the first game starts at 6 and Zambia plays at 8. So we get down there and set up by 6:30pm..knowing things move slower on African time. Well at 8pm we finally found out there was no first game, and Zambia plays at 9! So I came home with the kids and have been blogging my pre-game pictures. Oh, and the most recent score I have is 0-0. I'm going to bed...I'll find out who won tomorrow! :)

Blu, Axer, & Cason enjoying the pre-game!

I can't help but think that we look old here ;)

Sankwa's love language is definitely touch! He reminds me of Cason in that when he is sitting with someone he is constantly touching him! Here he is rubbing Caedmon's ear :)

Cason wanted a pic of himself with his friends on their little bench :)

Debbie & Sankwa

We want to have a "flag circle" here at New Day, but currently we only have the Zambian flag and the Texas flag (the two most important, right??) :) So if you are coming to volunteer here this summer, please have your team bring a flag of your state so that we can add it to our flag circle! I guess we need a USA one too! :)

Sweet Kelitah :)

Machila, Misheck, and Francis all smiles!

Poor Muchoni has the chicken pox...he's miserable! Here he is covered with a baking soda mixture on his sores :(

Sisi and Cynthia - best friends and like sisters :)

Wes & Carolyn having a very important discussion about who is more Yankee - a West Virginian or a Missourian...

Our set up for the game out here at New Day :)

No comments: