Friday, February 3, 2012

The Big Picture

If you read yesterday's post with all of the details of our day, you can see that life can sometimes be crazy here at New Day. From keeping track of finances to supply trips to Choma to Bible studies in another language...sometimes we can lose sight of the big picture. Every now and then, when we do get a glimpse of it, it is overwhelming.

Last night I got that glimpse at our weekly staff prayer/praise service. As we sang songs about Jesus and the 14 kids here at New Day jumped around, sang, and danced, I was literally overwhelmed when I stopped to think about the fact that these children will grow up learning about Jesus...they will know who He is....He will be all they can ever remember..... And it's not about us. I wasn't in awe of us and what WE have done. I was in awe of this amazing God who handpicked these children from the hopeless situations they were in..simply because He loves them.

As I held three year old Axer and she sang "Na na na na na na" from the song "Every Move I Make" at the top of her lungs, I was grateful that God chose her...and that God chose us...and that God gave me a tiny glimpse of the big picture.

No comments: