Friday, April 16, 2010

Sickness

Well, Cambree has been sick for 5-6 days. It started with a cough, then fever, then overall tiredness, then complaining of stomach pain and diarrhea. I kept waiting for the rest of us to get her cold but we never did, even though she coughs all over us!! After the 6th day of her not being herself, I decided to take her to the doctor, pretty sure it was just a bad cold or flu that was hanging on.

So we head to the Indian doctor in town, Dr. Jain, and they prick her thumb to do a test, and yep...Cambree has malaria. Oops!

Don't freak out though--she's outside playing in the dirt right now. The worst part is trying to get her to take the medicine--a big tablet that I'm dissolving in all sorts of things to try to get her to take it!

Thanks for praying for our sweet and mischievous little girl!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh no! Praying she feels better soon!

Knightly Krafts said...

I've really enjoyed reading through your blog... I found it when looking up Putzi flies... our daughter had one in her ankle in Angola (yuck)... anyway I was trying to find more information on them so I could send it to a friend who is moving there shortly. Always good to warn the foreigners that they must iron their clothing! ;) Hope malaria season passes quickly and that there are no more incidences in the family! ;) God bless and I'll check back in from time to time!