Friday, December 30, 2022

2022 Book of the Year

 It's that time again! I can't believe it's been 14 years of Book of the Year posts!  This year, I read 38 books, and I chose the categories of Best Fiction, Best Non-Fiction, and Best Christian.  Happy reading in 2023!  

To start us off, the Best Fiction book goes to this one:

I love ALL of Taylor Jenkins Reid's books! This one was about a tennis player coming out of retirement and he relationship with her dad/coach.  I LOVED every second of it!

Best Non-Fiction book of the year goes to:

Ok, don't come at me for this one.  It was a tough read, but immediately after reading it, I read it out loud to Blu, and then I gave it to a friend to read.  I am Southern Baptist born and bred, but this book highlights some major areas where we got it wrong.  Let's fix it.  

And finally, my Best Christian book goes to:

I had never heard of Jamie Ivey until I read this book a couple of months ago, and then I got to hear her speak in person.  It's been awhile since I read something this real and honest, and it really spoke to my heart.  

That's it for 2022!  I'm back in grad school and chasing 3 kids,  so my reading time is pretty limited right now, but I always try to sneak in a couple of chapters before bed!  Happy Reading!  

No comments: