Friday, July 22, 2022

Beach Camp 2022!

 We were blessed with the opportunity to spend a week in Gulf Shores, Alabama where Blu preached a youth "Beach Camp" for FBC Wagoner, Oklahoma!  We took a couple of days to drive there, seeing some of our people along the way, spent a week in Alabama, threw in a late night airport pickup in Florida for Caedmon, and then drove all 14 hours home in a day because we leave for our own youth camp in Falls Creek in 3 days!  WHEW! 

We are living for our Monday and Friday updates from Cambree's team in India!  They are finishing up ministry and eyeglass clinics and will head to Delhi and the Taj Mahal next week!

Bay of Bengal, India

Puppet show evangelism!

Helping some women get new reading glasses!

King Neptune's Seafood in Gulf Shores - I got the mahi and it was GOOD.

Cason is VERY serious about his food.  He records what he gets at every restaurant on his phone and then rates it (especially burgers).  They were not excited about eating at a seafood restaurant (it was my pick!), but his burger ended up with an 8.5/10 rating!

Cane's in Mobile, Alabama ranked pretty high too ;)


We stopped in Hattiesburg, Mississippi to see Jessica and Landon and their family!  (Landon served on staff with Blu at FBC Alvarado, and Jess was my bestie/youth in Alvarado).  It was a great visit for a couple of hours!  Jess is still teaching 1st grade, Landon is the music pastor at the same church he's been at for 8ish years, and they are raising their precious family - Addie, Barrett, and Audrey!

I love this girl!

The boys :)

Such a cutie!


I touched a dog.  A 65 lb dog. 

These guys hadn't seen each other in SEVEN years!!

Cason doing some entertaining!





I didn't remember Mississippi being this pretty but it was!


We also got to stop and see my sister and her fam in Kilgore, TX and spend the night there!  They got up early to head out for church and we hit the road!  It's always great to spend time with her. :)


Applebee's! (my pick again ;)

A random pic from the weekend that my best friend Whitney sent me!  I love these 3!  Hannah heads off to Ohio for her freshman year of college playing tennis in just a few weeks!

IHOP for breakfast (not my pick ;)

Bucee's!

We finally arrived at Beach Camp!  This group of juniors and seniors took Cason in and included him and were so sweet to him all week - it melted this mama's heart!

Caedmon spent most of the week recovering from jet lag!

I am a sucker for beachy ice cream shops! (Cappuccino crunch... :)

But in all honesty, this is how I looked most of the week.  I hung out in the a/c a lot with my book and blanket!

We did sneak away one afternoon to go get the boys some new shoes for school and play some indoor mini-golf.  It definitely wasn't the same without Cambree.  

Ready for evening worship!

Caedmon did an awesome sand airplane!

We're such suckers for blacklight mini golf - it's my fave! (and it's in the a/c...so there's that...)

This guy keeps us laughing..

I did not win. :(








Blu got bored one morning and had fun on the sand volleyball court. ;)


LOTS of sand volleyball was played this week!







This guy, Kael, was one of my faves - such a neat kid :)

Football on the beach!

I have to admit, Gulf Shores was way prettier than I was expecting!  It was def different from the beaches in Texas!

I went to the beach 3 times, for about 7 minutes each time ;)




Blu, meanwhile, spent lots of time at the beach!


My baby boy :)


Pool games :)

I told him he couldn't preach in his swimsuit and he asked why.  I couldn't think of a good reason!

Naptime after getting in at 2am from picking up Caedmon at the airport!

Basketball with the brother






We got to spend the week with Nurse Carol, who spent 5 months with us out at New Day when we were there (and 10 months after we left!)

Senior year starts so soon....







Souvenir shopping :). Our kids said we are SO cringy.


The furthest I ventured into the ocean :)

It was gorgeous though!


I look tired..I was tired all week!  This summer has worn me out!


Like I said, we drove all 14 hours home on Friday.  Caedmon drove I-20 from Hattiesburg, MS to Dallas!  It was equally awesome and terrifying.  :)

No comments: