Monday, July 26, 2021

Summer Vacation 2021 - Cocoa Beach, FL

 So our big summer 2020 family vacation was modified due to Covid (we went to Branson, MO and stayed 4 days there), so we planned a beach trip to Florida for Thanksgiving 2020.  Since Covid was still a factor, we opted to cancel those tickets and use the flight credits to go to Cocoa Beach, FL this summer!  Thankfully everything went smoothly (we only had to wear masks at the airport/on the plane!) and we had an awesome trip!  Enjoy the pics!


Cambree in her airplane mode - hoodie and ready to sleep the whole flight!

My traveling buddy...I sat between Cason & Blu both flights...#neveragain #theywiggle

A shopping day at the Orlando outlet malls with Cam!

Ready to see Black Widow!

We booked the DMAX seats that move with the movie and they were AWESOME!  Also, there were 6 people total in the theater....counting us!  It was my favorite Marvel movie yet!

Time for some family mini-golf!

We saw lots of baby gators while we golfed!

I know, mini-golf is supposed to be fun, but I'm pretty competitive...(thanks to my Grandma who took us SO many times when we were little!)

Soaking up the sun!

Taking a break!

Low tide!

When the kids sleep until noon every day... so we head out to the beach by ourselves!

Ready to go!

A Chocolate Extreme milkshake - I admit, I wanted one!!

Trying to figure out the Rocket Science Escape Room!

Caedmon was crazy good at it!

Blu just wanted to read the encyclopedias the whole time...

Teamwork!

It was SO humid in Florida!

COVERED in sand!

I love my hat and swimsuit! (Amazon)

Blu:  "What do I do with my hands?!"

My handsome guy :)

This always happens....



Caedmon jumping the waves!

I spent the day here...

I decided I'd watch to see if they got eaten by sharks before I got in...

We went to Walmart and bought body boards!



Grilled mahi tacos!

I'm a sucker for nonalcoholic mocktails!  This one is a Mango and Mint Daquiri!

The lobby of our super nice resort! (We booked it months ago - thank you, Covid prices!)

Kisses :)

Looking cool!

Yes, she's taller than me..

Love my swimsuit coverup too! (Amazon, of course!)

Trouble...

All dressed up and ready for our family photo shoot!

Late night at the pool!

Fun at the tennis courts!



Ready for the hot tub!

Ahhh the Ice Cream Hut!  We ate there twice (and I begged to go our last night but I was outvoted!)



I found a dairy-free almond mocha chip ice cream!!!

Just finished our family photo shoot - time for some ice cream!

Hot tub fun! (In reality, it was way too hot for the hot tub, but we tried!)

Blu could spend an entire week in the waves!

So could he!

Caedmon with a six pack!


It was bright!

Fun in the sun!

The boardwalk (150 ft) from our hotel to the beach!

Cute!

Ready for more beach time!



Cambree's "room"

The boys' room

Our own room with our own bathroom!

Such a neat place!

Cape Canaveral was just down the road, so we went there several times (food, parasailing, etc)

This was me the whole week stuck between these two in our rental SUV.  Lesson learned - don't rent a compact SUV for a family of 5 with 3 teenagers and luggage....

Of course we had to squeeze in an IHOP meal!

Ready to pick up our rental car

Cambree always gets the couch bed in hotels - she wasn't happy about it, but we laughed when we realized she packed her quilt in her suitcase!

Boarding our plane...at 10pm!

This is Blu...in every single airport or airplane.

Excited!

We might have taken this in the bathroom!

Fun at Topgolf!






When your flight is delayed an hour or so, you stop at TopGolf!

We love road trips! (Not really... we don't at all...)

Sending our 3 babies off by themselves to go parasailing!

I was nervous...so was Cason!

They did it!

A dip in the water!

Massage chairs for the guys while the girls shop!

We escaped!

Had to get my workouts in, even on vacation! (Ok, I only went twice, but still!)

So fun!

Arriving at DFW airport...I'm still not sure which one of my kids is to blame, but it ended up with me and Caedmon locked in the revolving door, airport security having to get someone to come and let us out, a line forming behind Cambree to get through, and me ready to strangle all of them....

My favorite pic of the trip :)

See?  That's Cambree on every flight!

Arcade time for the guys while the girls shop!

Moonlit walk on the beach for Blu & Cam! (I was in bed..)

The official parasailing photo!  

It was a great trip - it was hard to come back home!  This week, Blu is working, our boys have football camp, and I'm heading to Fort Worth with Cambree for basketball camp.  Summer is almost over!

No comments: