Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017 Books of the Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year! If you're a reader, that is! Because I know you've been waiting with bated breath to hear my book recommendations for the year! I am sticking to 3 categories this year: Best Nonfiction, Best Christian Fiction, Best Secular Fiction. So without further ado, here they are!

My Best Nonfiction Book in 2017 is Cockpit Confidential by Patrick Smith. I'm a little bit of an airplane nerd. (My family is laughing right now, saying, "a LITTLE bit?!") I research plane crashes in my spare time (this is an apparent "disorder" according to my friend Amy!) So when I stumbled across this book, written by a pilot, answering a common person's questions about all things airplane related, I was hooked! It has made me SO much less afraid when flying...and also made me spout off random airplane facts to anyone willing to listen!

My Best Christian Fiction in 2017 award goes to Mead Mountain by B.K. Dell. When I want to tell Blu all about a book, then I know it is a good one, because Blu's not that into books...or reading... Mead Mountain was an incredible Christian novel about faith that really got me thinking about several deep topics!

I read SO much good fiction this year - many intense topics and many books that have stayed with me. It was REALLY hard to choose a favorite, but I'm going to give my Best Secular Fiction in 2017 award to Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. It is a saga of orphaned twin brothers, and it is set in Ethiopia, India, England, and eventually the USA. It was gripping and definitely one of my favorites of the year!

I got a new Kindle Fire for Christmas - ready for some great reading in 2018!

No comments: