Friday, March 25, 2011

Racheal's Birthday

I have to admit, I don't wake up every morning saying "Thank you Lord that you have called me and my family to Zambia!!" But on March 21st, I did... :)

We were so BLESSED to be able to help Racheal celebrate her 19th birthday...her first birthday without her mom, and her FIRST EVER birthday party. :) She couldn't stop smiling, and it was an awesome time together!

Racheal coming into the kitchen for her party

A Zambian tradition--you pour water on the birthday girl!

Blu leading the kids in a game of Simon Says

The other staffers got her some lotion, powder, candy, and cake

We got her a new outfit and some hair..gotta admit it was my first time to ever buy anyone hair :)

The New Day family at the party

Me, Racheal, and 2 cuties that snuck into the picture :)

No comments: