Thursday, January 27, 2011

Carrie



It's hard to even know how to begin this blog, but I want to introduce you to my new friend Carrie. Carrie works in Lusaka with the Flying Mission of Zambia. The Flying Mission has missionary pilots who minister by flying other missionaries (travel, emergency medical care, etc.) Carrie came to Zambia last October to spend 3 months running the guesthouse with her 2 children, 7 year old Micah and 3 year old Holly.

See, God called Carrie and her husband, Adam, to come as missionaries and work with Flying Mission. But when Adam was in his last 2 days of training in the USA, he was tragically killed in a plane crash. One year later, Carrie returned to Zambia alone with her children to fulfill God's call to Zambia on their lives.

She will return to the USA in March and see what God has in store for her future, but she knows for sure that God has called her to minister to widows in Africa.

I have met many widows, but never have I been so impacted by someone's story. Her life is a testimony to God's faithfulness and His love to His children. If I could ever be half the person she is, I would be doing pretty well.

It looks like I will have plenty of opportunities to get to know Carrie better in the future, but you'll have to stay tuned for those details.... ;)

No comments: