Saturday, October 23, 2010

30 Years

On Thursday, October 21, I turned 30 years old!! The last 30 years have been filled with blessings, starting with the family I was born into and ending with the family that God has given me of my own! And of course, special friends that have come into my life the past 30 years and helped me become the person I am today. And finally, the absolute PRIVILEGE it is to serve the God who has blessed me so much. It was an awesome day!

Blu treated me to an overnight trip to Livingstone, Zambia (the home of Victoria Falls). We started the trip with a one hour deep tissue massage (for $20!). We then enjoyed our time at the David Livingstone Safari Lodge, complete with a sunset dinner cruise!
Blu asked the guys if he could play the African xylophone with them. If you know Blu, you know he is extremely talented musically, so they were shocked that he could actually play!

The Lady Livingstone cruise boat

Me enjoying a Malawi Shanty drink on the cruise (lemonade, lime, and ginger ale if you were wondering.. :)

Elephants from the cruise boat

Hippos close to us in the water..ugh I detest hippos..

Ok, this may be weird, but it is so rare to get to stay at a NICE hotel in Zambia, so I had to post pics of the place we stayed! Even the bathroom!
The hotel balcony

King size bed!

Shower with glass door!

Sinks!

View from our balcony onto the Zambezi River

Gorgeous views on the sunset cruise


Us before dinner at Arabian Nights-in my gorgeous new dress from Wes & Laurie

Sunset

Caedmon's gift to me--gel pens!

Cambree's gift to me--a toy gun!

My birthday morning

Blowing out candles

Party table..complete with 30 coke zeroes :)

A book series, fancy wisk, and cd from my parents

Chinese and Indian cookbooks from my sister!


It was a great day, and I can't wait to see what my life holds in the next 30 years :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

First of all I would like to say happy birthday. Secondly I have to point out an amazing coincidence....My children are Darby (my angel baby), Kambre, and Kasen!!! My mother in law knows Wes and Lori and she is the one that showed me your blog. Anyway I thought that was pretty incredible and had to share. Have a blessed day. -Stephanie