Thursday, June 18, 2009

From the mouth of babes...

Conversations I've had with my kids the past few days:

Caedmon: I'm gonna marry Brookie!
Cambree: I'm gonna marry Daddy!
Caedmon: You can't marry Daddy, Cambree.
Cambree: Why not?
Caedmon: Because he doesn't have a crown.


(playing with Barbies)
Caedmon: Mama, can you put these clothes and shoes on Ken?
Me: Sure sweetie.
(Mama absentmindedly throws clothes and shoes on Ken and gives back to Caedmon)
(Caedmon sighs with pleasure)
Caedmon: There. Now all he needs is his head.
(Sure enough...I hadn't even noticed but Ken's head is nowhere to be found!)


(after a devotional on Jonathan and David, best friends in the Bible)
Me: Caedmon, do you have a best friend?
Caedmon: Yes, it's Megan. Megan and Tatum and Wyatt.
Me: Cambree, do you have a best friend?
(Cambree throws her arm over Caedmon's neck)
Cambree: My best friend is Taedmon.
Caedmon: Best friends aren't mean to each other. They love each other.
Cambree (in a soft voice, looking adoringly up at her big brother): I love Taedmon always....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So sweet and funny! Been thinking about and praying for you guys a lot. Last week was VBS and we were thrilled to hear how much money was coming in for New Day! Very exciting!