Thursday, June 19, 2008

Comments anyone???

So today we had 3 doctor's appointments--one for me, Caedmon, and Cambree. My major excitement was that I have gained almost 20 pounds in my first 17 weeks of pregnancy-yikes...I'm going to try to watch what I eat instead of the "yay I'm pregnant I can eat whatever I want" philosophy, since that doesn't seem to be working out too well for me!! Cambree got one shot, which is always eventful.

Caedmon, however, was a different story. The doctor told me she heard a heart murmur. We were told when Caedmon was 6 months old that he had a heart murmur but our doctor hasn't heard it in the 2 1/2 years since then, but it was definitely there today. He will have an echocardiogram on July 21st to make sure that it is just an innocent murmur and nothing abnormal. But still! My baby boy laying on a table getting his heart checked out!!! That's just scary!

Now would be a GREAT time for comments from all of you who know people with heart murmurs who are perfectly fine!!!!!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I already told you...but I'll tell you again since you don't have any comments yet! Jacob has one and has for a long time and has never had one problem! So really is probably nothing. ILY!

Mrs. Hammer Time said...

My soon to be 3 yr old son has a heart murmur and is PERFECTLY fine. We had to go to the ped cardiologist and everything. It was scary so I know exactly how you feel. But, all was well and still is!

PS. I don't think you know me... I started reading your blog because of your Africa stories. And I commented on your NY trip, I think... Anyway, hi! My name is Lyndsay. Nice to meet you.

Becky said...

No personal experience but, have known people with them that are perfectly fine. Knowing as a mom your concern and I will pray for you all! Keep updated!!

Robbie said...

I have a heart murmur and it has never caused a problem even with what I've been through in the last 2 years. He'll be fine!! Congrats on another boy!

Anonymous said...

Lacie and Lynzi both have harmless murmurs, and we've been through the echo and all that too. You know them, both healthy as they can be!

A Family said...

We had a heart scare with Tristan when he was around 3 years old. During a lung xray they noticed his heart was slightly enlarged and that he had a murmur. Luckily I have a friend who is a cardiologist at Children's Hospital so she got us in within 4 days and everything came back perfectly fine.

I know how scary the wait can be! Jill, the heart doc, said that Tristan's murmur was just "normal" for him and the enlarged appearance of the heart was probably due to his inhaling during the xray.

So hopefully this makes you feel a little better during the wait!!

Chris

Wendi said...

Hello,
Can't remember how I found your blog (maybe through RLC), but I love reading your adventures in Africa (esp. loved the story of Babymoon #1) :-). My father and I (35) both have audible heart murmurs with no complications. Hope all is well.