Sunday, January 10, 2021

Celebrating 20 years of marriage!

We've talked a lot in the past couple of years about how we want to celebrate our 20th anniversary!  We finally decided in January 2020 to take a weeklong trip to a Sandals Resort on the island of Grenada!  We started saving and booked the 100% cancellation policy.  2 months later, Covid hit.  Finally, in September, we decided to cancel Grenada and stay within the USA.  We used our flight credits to book flights to Eagle County, Colorado, and we took advantage of Covid discounts to book a 5 star resort hotel.  I was unsure that the trip would actually happen, but THANK YOU JESUS it did!  These pictures are not in any kind of order, but they give a great glimpse of our week celebrating together!  
The drives were so pretty!

Our last night's meal in our hotel restaurant - fish and chips and a cheesesteak sandwich!

All of the walking paths looked like this - gorgeous!

I think I need a library like this!

We spent one of our days skiing about 15 minutes from Vail at Beaver Creek - it was gorgeous with so many great beginner/intermediate runs for me - we're going to have to bring our kids!

Poor Blu looked like this all week long! 

We enjoyed our afternoon in Glenwood Springs at the hot springs!

A scrabble game over lunch at the Bluebird Cafe in Glenwood Springs!

A snowy hike 1/2 mile straight up to see Doc Holliday's and Kid Curry's graves!

It was so pretty!

When we FINALLY got to the top, we immediately saw a Tidwell headstone!

It was gorgeous, and we were the only ones on the trail!


Driving an hour from Vail to Glenwood Springs was gorgeous!


Our anniversary breakfast in the mountains!

Donald Driver's son, Cristian, a highly recruited HS football player from Texas, ate breakfast behind Blu! (He got pancakes and hot cocoa, if you were wondering ;)

We couldn't resist - 21 degrees but we stopped at a gelato shop!

Supper at Blue Moose Pizza

Tuesday was the worst ski day ever!  It was basically a blizzard and we FROZE on the slopes!


There's Donald Driver!  Blu had a conversation with him about A&M!

We saw him 4 times that day!

Chilling at the Fireside Lounge at our hotel

An evening with cappuccinos and cheesecake at the outdoor fire at our hotel


I loved getting to wear all my heavy winter clothes!

Green chili in a bread bowl from The Red Lion

We skied 4 days - I skied 31 miles total - Blu skied about 45 miles!

Outdoor breakfast at The Little Diner


Ready for some skiing!

This was the view outside our hotel room window!


Our ride for the week! (Parking costs are outrageous! :(

We arrived late at the cute little airport!

Pappsito's - one of our favorite meals!

Scarfed up and ready to go!

The airports weren't very crowded!

Skiing on blizzard day...I was SO miserable!

Fun on the slopes!




After day one, I switched to intermediate skis, and it made all the difference in the world!  Suddenly I could make turns and go down blues!

We had a great meal at a tapas bar - poblano bacon biscuits were awesome!

I got pulled into a collagen beauty shop in Vail Village and had some sort of eye treatment - we couldn't stop laughing! 

Pretty much no security lines!

On the airplane!

I hiked this trail in my cute booties, with no socks on!

My favorite picture of our trip - this was on our 20th anniversary in Glenwood Springs!

I lost, but it was close!

Hot springs!  There were 16 pools that ranged from 98 degrees to 108 degrees!

Blizzard day again....

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...but I can't eat chocolate (gives me migraines), so I was sad!


Snow!

Riding a lift on blizzard day - snow was going straight into my eyes, but if I put my goggles on, they fogged up!

Our last day skiing - gorgeous!

I found something I could eat - Snickers covered apples!  They were covered with Tiger Butter and caramel and they were AMAZING...

So many shuttle rides!

Our gorgeous hotel entrance!

Me reading my book looking like a marshmallow as Blu goes back out to ski some blacks!

Doc Holliday's grave

Hot springs with my man!

Beaver Creek trails were SO beautiful!

He's hot. (literally, he was hot.)

So pretty!

Awwww...



Skiing at Beaver Creek - it was SO picturesque we kept stopping to take pics!

After a 4 hour flight delay, we finally got home LATE on Saturday night...Sunday morning, we woke up to this outside!!!

 

No comments: