Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Book of the Year!

Oh man, I feel like each year just gets harder and harder to choose!  I have read SEVEN books this month, and they were all phenomenal!!  So just December alone made it hard to choose!  But I finally narrowed it down to a nonfiction and a fiction book of the year!


Fiction Book of the Year
I thought The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay was absolutely outstanding.  It is set in South Africa during apartheid and follows the dream of a young boy to be the welterweight boxing champion of the world.  I feel like it is a MUST read. (And I hear there's a movie too!)


Non-Fiction Book of the Year


I'm going to cheat a little bit and choose two, but I feel like these read together, one after the other, are amazing.  The Tattooist of Auschwitz is a true story from World War II, but in story form.  Many of the same characters are then echoed in Bill O'Reilly's Killing the SS, and they were both incredible.  


That being said, these books are both heavy reads - it feels like I read pretty heavy stuff lately!  But you won't be disappointed with these!

No comments: