Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Lock in Craziness!

We are officially insane. The kids have been asking and asking if they could have a sleepover before we left! My answer was, of course, "No way!" Blu's answer was, "Yes!! I'll convince Teacher Darbi!" So somehow he convinced me to have a massive lock-in in the dining hall with every child at New Day over the age of 3!!!!! Insanity.

First, we headed over to Staci's where she had invited us for a going away dessert and cappuccino!

Sillies

And now for the lock in...

The Big Boys having fun!

Blu laughed through both Ernest movies - he loves those! (I tolerate them.)

A dance party, of course!

The girls are great at line dancing!

My thoughts about this lock in...

I hung out in the corner with Laston!

Hey! That's my blanket! And jacket...

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

At 11, we headed outside for a little bonfire where the kids roasted peanuts!

Cupcakes, cake, and punch!

This is how introverts feel about lock ins..

A group of them went running to the bridge and back at 1:30am!

Misheck finally called it a night! With Danu.

So am I glad we did it? I'll probably be glad in 2 weeks...when I have had more sleep and jet lag is conquered!

Meanwhile, the new orphan house is ALMOST done, and the big boys have been pitching in!

Today (Wednesday) is our last day here, and we have had a steady stream of visitors to come and say bye. I'M SO TIRED OF BEING SAD! Blu and I hopped in the Mule at one point and went across the river to say a quick goodbye to Max & Priscilla!

Big Blu and Little Blu

Maxwell and Blu

Priscilla and me

This afternoon will be our final goodbyes as we walk to each house to give hugs, a trip up to the tank stand as a family, and we pull out tomorrow at 6:30am...

No comments: