Saturday, May 5, 2012

In a dry and thirsty land...

We had NO trees when we moved here, so we planted some trees that are known for growing fast and providing LOTS of shade! This one is a jacaranda tree, which will bloom gorgeous purple flowers in September.
This one is a flamboyant tree, which blooms huge red flowers in November.
Here is the mango tree! We had to start over a few times because of the goats, but it is finally coming up! Also notice all of the nice grass starting to come in all over my yard!
This is Blu's peach tree that he grew from a single seed! We aren't really sure how to prune it, but it needs it badly!
I bought this plant about a year ago. It's slow-growing but I really like it!
These are my "Jerusalem flowers." Mrs. Choma brought me 3 tiny flowers last year and planted them and now they are looking good!
Here are some of my "elephant ears." I love these plants! One of my earliest memories were of the huge "elephant ears" at my babysitter, Beth Proctor's, house when I was about 4 years old!
Laurie's pretty flower beds!
This is a gorgeous plant on Laurie's porch - Wes spoils her and brings her home new plants and flowers every time he goes to town!
Look how tall these have gotten at Laurie's house!

No comments: