Sunday, October 30, 2011

More Churches!

Today we were BUSY!! We headed to First Baptist Church in Bartlett, Texas first. This was the church that my dad pastored from 1992-1997, so I spent most of my youth there. It is also the church where Blu and I were married! This small church has donated $9,765 to New Day over the past 2 years! We are excited because they are planning their first overseas mission trip to Zambia in 2013!
Before church

Darbi leading the children's time



This evening, we headed to Immanuel Baptist Church in Temple, Texas. This church has a special place in my heart as well, because my dad got saved when I was 3 years old, and this was the church my family started attending. This church was the first place where I ever heard the name "Jesus" and where I heard my first Bible story! It gave me goosebumps to speak in this church 28 years later!! :)

We got to speak to both the AWANAs and the adults, and it was fabulous! Thank you FBC and IBC for opening your churches up to us and to New Day today!

No comments: