Monday, July 18, 2011

A Child's Faith - July 12, 2011

On Sunday morning, Caedmon brought his children's Bible to Grandpa and asked him to read a story to him. Grandpa read about Nicodemus coming to Jesus and Jesus telling him he must be born again.

Caedmon said "I've done that! When I went to Lwiito's house (Maxwell & Priscilla's) last week, I went outside the house and I prayed and I asked Jesus to come into my heart!" We asked him, "Why did you do that?" And he said "Because the teachers at school said that if I ask Him, Jesus will come into my heart and make it clean. And I asked Him so I know He's there!"

Praise God for this simple, childlike understanding of why we need Jesus! We pray that Caedmon continues to grow to love Jesus and desire to serve Him!

2 comments:

Our Vision said...

Laurie and I rejoice with you all. That is so awesome! Tell Caedmon we are proud of him.

johnny_long said...

My goodness! What a joy. My favorite part of a child's faith is: how simple it is and how obvious. Don't you wish we got it so clearly as adults! I know the angels are rejoicing and the Long's are too!

Joe Don and Jamie Long