Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Tribute to my Mother and Others...

I heard it said once that we have mothers and we have "others", other people in our lives who have, in some way, filled a role of "mother" in your life. So here is a tribute to my mother and others. :)

My Left Lung--my Mama. Without her it is difficult to breathe. Second only to my husband, she is my absolute best friend. She knows me better than anyone and has a crazy way of being able to gently correct me through Scripture, when I need it, in a way that is not irritating ;) The best parts of me come from her. :) (Except for my awesome calves--those are from Dad)

My beautiful B-Maw. She has known me since I was 17 and started dating her middle son. :) I know that she prays for me daily and is proud of who I have become over the last 13 years. And she loves me. :)

My Robbo (pictured here with my bf Whitney and her daughter Hannah). Robbo has known me since I was 9 years old and has seen me at my MOST obnoxious, and she still loves me. :) The memories I have of time spent with Robbo and her family I will treasure forever. I love her!

The one and only Lala. God has BLESSED me beyond belief by giving me a mother figure here in Zambia. Though I constantly tell her she is old and weird, I love her dearly and feel lost in Zambia without her right now!

Sweet Laura T. I can always count on Laura for encouragement, and I can share anything with her without feeling judged. We have walked through quite a bit together, and we are stronger for it and forever bonded. Miss her tons!!

Mrs. Di-Nanna: A woman who adores my children and holds a special place in my heart! We have seemed to grow closer since I moved to Zambia--maybe because she sends me chocolate so frequently! :) Mrs. Dianna never fails to email with encouraging words and tell me how proud she is of me. :)

Our precious Mrs. Kelly (known as Mrs. Telly in our family!) She also adores my children but adores me and Blu just as much! We can count on her for anything and can't wait to give her a BIG hug in October!


I hope you take time to tell your mothers and others how much they mean to you this Mother's Day. (I sound like a Hallmark card..) Praying this year for my close friends and family who no longer have their mamas with them. I love you!

No comments: