Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Step inside my house...

We have been working hard in Mapanza this week trying to get the house finished. Our electrical transformer made it to the capitol city from South Africa and should be delivered this week! ("should" is relative in Africa..)

As I hang things in my new house, I am in awe of what God has done and how He has provided for us. I can't help but think of Cloud & Blu first walking the New Day Orphanage land, of Larry and his team, who worked hard on the drawings for our house, of Steve, pointing where it and the septic should go, of Paw, climbing electrical poles, of Grace Point, getting to lay the first bricks, of Fellowship Lubbock, dusting off bricks, of the Alvarado crew, putting on the roof, of Blake, putting the first piece of tin on the roof, of Wes & Cole, putting up ceiling trim, of Ashley, painting the ceiling, of Lala, painting the outside bricks, of the Clanton guys, getting the water tank up, of Paw, working on plumbing, of B-Maw, painting window frame after window frame, of my amazing husband who has built us a house start to finish...and of SO many of you who have faithfully given in 2010 so that we could live in the midst of the people we are ministering to every day...and to so many more of you who have prayed us through every little detail every step of the way.

After so many months, and so many boxes, and so much moving...we are HOME. :)

Cambree's room..didn't take long for them to make a mess of the bookshelf!

Our room..I love my Coke decorations!




The guest room--come see us!! :)


Master bathroom

Blu built this bookshelf for all his seminary books (or nerd books as I call them)


He also built this homeschool bookshelf for me! I was very impressed!


It was fun to unpack boxes that have been packed for 18 months and say "What in the world was I thinking?! Why did I bring that to Africa?!" :)

No comments: