Thursday, November 12, 2009

Alex Brown

This was a strange week. On Wednesday, our little girl, Cambree turned 3 years old. We found out the night before that 17 year old Alex Brown was killed in a car wreck on her way to school. Her mom, Mrs. Brown, was Blu's teacher in high school and was one of our prayer supporters when we were in Zambia. We first met Alex when she was seven years old at G.A. camp when we worked at the camp. We didn't know her well, but a couple of years ago when she wrote Blu on myspace we looked at her page and said "wow...this girl is different." Here is a quote from her page:

"Everyday i rediscover how amazing God is. He's telling me new things all the time. i thought i knew how my life would be, had it all planned out. but God has this way about Him. He knows what is best and how you can live your life to the fullest. He speaks in ways my human mind will never be able to comprehend. i have to follow, just follow. i want to please Him in everything i do. my greatest desire is for everyone to be able to know Him and have a relationship with Him. recently He has changed my life, no surprise there. i have been called into the ministry. i have no idea where this road will take me, but i know that wherever God sends me, that's where i'll be, and He'll be right there with me. i have been ruined. God has absolutely ruined my life and i can never thank Him enough for doing it."

As we prepared for our little girl to turn 3, I realized that it probably seemed like just yesterday that Mrs. Brown's little girl was turning 3. I can only pray that one day my little girl will love Jesus like Alex did.

No comments: