Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Babymoon #3!

We leave for the airport in an hour!! Have you noticed a pattern in our babymoons? We tend to go for beach vacations. Well, I'll tell you a secret. I HATE the beach!! I don't like the ocean, or sand, and I hate being hot! What was I thinking, at 6 months pregnant?!

So...when I saw earlier this year that we had 2 free airline tickets through our Delta Skymiles, I researched the available places we could fly that were COLD!! So, we are going to Maine! We get the weirdest looks when we tell people that! The first thing they ask is, "Do you know someone there?" No!!

We are flying to Bangor, Maine, and then tomorrow morning we will rent a car and drive to the center of the state to stay at a cabin on Moosehead Lake. High temps this week are 70, and lows are 50. I can't wait!!!! We plan to hang out, rent a canoe, paddle down to the secluded beaches around the lake, eat picnic lunches on the beach, and watch movies! We will be only about 2 hours from Canada, so we'll drive up to Canada for one day too!

We'll have our laptop, so I'll try to post some pics and blog while I'm there!

No comments: